Portishead Church of England works in close partnership with our two church schools:
St Peter’s Church of England School
Mrs Sharon Roberts
St Peter's School is the oldest primary school in Portishead and has been in its new building since June 1994. It is a Church of England, voluntary controlled school and our Christian foundation is reflected in the aims, vision and ethos of the school. The school aims to provide a stimulating and caring environment where children achieve high standards, while developing both independence and concern for others. Its vision is valuing others valuing ourselves and valuing our learning. To find our more visit www.st-peters.n-somerset.sch.uk
Trinity Anglican Methodist Primary School
Mrs Karen Sancto
Trinity Anglican Methodist Primary School is the newest school in Portishead and believes that school should be enjoyable and exciting, where all children feel a sense of belonging and develop a sense of responsibility towards their school and wider community. Trinity has created a family ethos focused on caring, loving and nurturing all within it. The school aims to serve its community by providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. To find out more visit www.trinityschool.n-somerset.sch.uk
Members of our congregations support our schools in a number of ways including as Foundation Governors, Reading Buddies and help with clubs and activities as wells regular visits of clergy to school and school visits to our churches.
Church Schools are Different!
Church Schools are different. There are lots of things that make them so, but varied though they are, they have one thing in common; a sense that God is involved and at the heart of everything. Prayer is therefore an important part of school life. Just as the children and staff pray during the school day, so we ask you to pray for St Peter’s and Trinity Anglican Methodist Primary School; for all who work in it, the children, staff, parents, volunteers and governors and for their families.
We invite you to pray for:
- The very young children that they will enjoy coming into school and look forward to joining the Nursery and Reception year groups.
- The children, who will gain so much form life’s journey.
- The playground, that it will always be a safe and happy place to play.
- The teachers, that they will plan the education in the school wisely.
- The people who give their time to come to help us in school.
- All those who work behind the scenes to make the school run smoothly.
- Governors, that they will make thoughtful decisions for the school.
- Parents, for supporting their children and the school.